Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I'm backkkkkk!

     


Hello! This is Alex Medrano and I am so beyond excited to be back! I was thrilled when I saw AICE Media Studies A level on my schedule for this school year. I was really hoping to be able to secure a spot in this class. Even more so that I'm in the class period that I'm in. The reason for this would be that I'm back with group members from last year! Jake Lyons, Morgan and Avalon Clem, and myself are all back in media together. I can't wait to continue our Media Studies journey together and continue to create new projects. We all worked exceptionally well together last year so I'm sure it will be the same for this year as well. Today in class we started to learn more about our final task. This year's work is going to be a little different from last year. Instead of creating the opening 2 minutes of a movie, my group and I will be creating a short5 minute film. Along with that, a website, post card, and social media accounts for our movie. If it were up to me I would to create some sort of sequel to our last movie, Signed the Watcher. However we are not allowed to do that and have to come up with a whole new movie idea. With that being said I'm super excited to begin brainstorming ideas. I think this year in AICE Media A level is going to be a fantastic learning experience. I'm going to advance in my media and movie making skills for sure. It's also super exciting knowing that there is a possibility that the short movie that my group and I will be making could blow up and turn into something bigger. I was informed today that the iconic movie Napoleon Dynamite started off as a short film as well. I can't wait to see where this year takes me and super excited to begin working. It's gonna be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...