Friday, April 3, 2020

Editing, editing , more editing

  Hello! A lot has been happening in the world and has stirred up mass chaos in just about every realm of everyone's life. However, it has not stopped my media journey. For the majority of the time my group and I since this pandemic broke out have been separated and unable to do much for our movie project. I started off editing our movie from scratch right after we were done filming. However due to my limited resources for the editing software it wasn't as good as we would like it to be. I've explained all of this more in depth in previous blogs. We wanted to switch up the fonts to add to scary/ creepy effect we were trying to provoke. The ones I had originally put in just weren't doing in for us. Thankfully, my team member Jake stepped up to the plate and helped us out immensely. He texted me about a online editing website that he found and decided to try it out. In order to make it work and make sure nothing was too choppy he cut out some unnecessary scenes. Some of these include my character, Bella checking multiple rooms in depth in search for Amelia. Or longer cuts of Hannah and Thomas arguing. But even without those scenes the movie still flows and makes sense.Jake also edited our titles. They are now this very bold creepy font in red. The rest are red with black borders. He also changed the music that we had. He added in a suspenseful music to parts that we had before but this song is more intense than the last. I'm overall very happy with how it turned out and think we as a group have created a very professional looking two minute movie opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...