Thursday, March 12, 2020

Soon to begin more editing

 Hello! Our group as of right does have a completed edited project, however how it is right now will not be how it looks as the final project. We did have some complications when it came to our editing. The editing software that we are using is IMovie. However the amount of editing applications offered on the mobile app IMovie on a IPhone is much less than on a laptop. On the phone they only offer one type of font with limited transitions, which won’t do. We needed to transport and re edit on the laptop so that we had a bunch of fonts and editing strategies to choose from. Unfortunately only Ava and Morgan has access to this on their lap top at home but not Jake or myself. Ava and Morgan were having trouble figuring out how to use the editing software, doing things such as splitting the clips or inputting music. So Morgan called me because I have a greater knowledge on editing on IMovie. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to be much help over the phone because it’s such a hands on task. Due to this complication we had to rethink our plan. So after a few group discussions we decided to just edit as much and as good as we can on my phone’s app IMovie and then the following weekend go over to Ava and Morgan’s home to finish the final edits and in the correct way. So that’s just what we did. I cut, split, and arranged the clips as needed in the app and put in the music. I put the titles in the places they needed but obviously not in the font we wanted. But that will be fixed shortly. It ended up looking alright but it will look much better and cleaner after we re edit on the Macbook’s IMovie. I’m so excited to finally be able to fully edit. I think it’s going to turn out very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...