Monday, November 30, 2020

Short: Why we haven’t started filming


 Hello! So, so far my media group and I have done tons and tons of planning for our upcoming short film Possessed. We’ve spent several weeks picking out and planning how we want to make this short, and now the next step would to be to execute those plans and actually film. Over the last 9 days we had off from school for Thanksgiving break. This would’ve been a great opportunity to get in some filming days but unfortunately we were unable to do so. This was because I went out of town to go see my family for Thanksgiving. In order to film this piece like we want all 4 group members need to be present so we did not film during this time. However we did not let this free time go to waste. Over video calls and text message we continued to discuss ideas for filming. We will be filming everything on our IPhone X’s since we do not have access to other cameras. Although I do think using our phones to film would be our best option so that we can easily alwuas have it with us to look back at. Also good for fast importation for editing later on. I definitely wish we could have started filming over break as do my other group mates. But we still have plenty of time to do so. We will be filming on 2 or 3 separate days to get in all of our shots and do each of them multiple times to ensure we get it just as we’d like. I’m super excited to begin this part of our journey. Filming days in our past projects have always been my favorite part. Getting into character and directing becomes so fun it doesn’t even feel like work. My group and I will be filming in the near future at our designated picked out locations and are very very excited! I just know it’s going to turn out amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...