Friday, October 16, 2020

Short Film vs. Feature Length Film

    


      Hello! I’ve now watched both the short film and full length feature film of 9 by Shane Acker and am thoroughly impressed by both of them. I believe that the idea that Acker had was brilliantly executed in such a short amount of time from the animation to the plot and the character’s development. It was the perfect outline for what became the full feature film. Due to the feature film obviously being much longer in duration it allowed for many more characters to be introduced and allowed the audience to see their different personalities. Also allowing for viewers to find characters to connect with and want to support. While watching the full length film more background info as to what has happened to their world is told so that it is less confusing. In the short the audience gets the basis of the main character having to take on and slay this evil creature but in the full length film we see him along with his team take on The Beast together and follow along with them in their journey. Through this film lessons are learned and realizations are made about community that wasn’t incorporated into the short which was nice. The animation in the feature film was fantastic and with the cgi effects and all made for an extremely exciting experience. Although I love both the short and full feature film, I think I favor the full length more. I say this because with all the extra time provided in the full length movie, I as a viewer, get so much more detail and story line to follow along. I loved seeing all of the characters and their relationships. Not just that, but also the journey they take together. I also really enjoyed the message in the movie about the significance of sticking together in a community and how one person can really make a difference in a big way when taking leadership. I think it was quite inspirational. The film 9 by Shane Acker turned out amazing ad it's crazy to think it started off by just a short film like my group and I will do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...