Sunday, December 27, 2020

Adding in titles to short


Hello! And welcome back! We’ve come a long way in terms of the progression of our short. The last piece before we have our first complete draft is adding in our titles. A very important part in the production of any project is the credits. Accrediting to those who took part in the work. We have to include actors, writers, editors, costume, director, and many more. Each of these consists of one out of my 4 group memebers. As I said before in previous blogs, the way in which these titles appear has a huge impact on the overall feel. I discussed with my group our options on what we wanted to do. We wanted something similar to what we used in our two minute movie opener last year. So I knew we weren’t going to be able to use any of the fonts provided by IMovie since they are so limited. That’s when I suggested to Jake we utilize the same website that we found last year. We agreed that this would be the best solution. We worked together in picking location and timing for each of our titles along with the font itself. We made sure to space it out enough that they were readable to the audience. Not only that but the order of them as well. I made sure “Directed by:” was last on the list. We also made sure that these titles were only in the beginning and didn’t take up the full short film. Because that wouldn’t be realistic. I believe the one we choose looks great and it really adds a lot to our film. Our movie gets better and better as the days go on. I cant wait to begin sharing our work with everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...