Thursday, November 14, 2019

Intro to music video

  Hello! My group has finally finished our Mcdoanlds commercial project. Overall I think it went very successfully and we ended up with a great finished project. Now our new project that was introduced to my group and I is for a music video. I am super excited to begin this project I think it’s going to be very fun and exciting to film. We were allowed to choose whichever song we wanted as long as it was a clean version becuase it still needs to be school appropriate. My group is the same as my group from the commercial project. In the previous project using storyboarding was such a helpful tool for us while filming, it made it so that we knew exactly what to do and how to shoot the scene which greatly helped with time efficiency. We work very well together and I’m excited to see our ideas come together for this piece.
  My group and I chose the song Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani which was released in 2005. My whole group agrees that we love this song, it’s a song that we all grew up listening and jamming out to. It was a very popular song for the time that it came out and was very successful on the charts.  I was the one who came up with the idea to use this song. I thought it would be extremely fun to use this one and would make for a fun filming day. As soon as I mentioned the song we all had a brainstorm of ideas of different editing techniques we could use during the production of the music video. We also watched the original music video to draw ideas from for when we shoot our own.
  The conventions of this particular music video can be broken down in the abbreviation C.L.A.M.P.S. C would be for costumes. The costumes used in the Hollaback Girl music video was a lot of 2000s California street style clothes like tank tops, beanies, and low rise jeans. Also later on there were band and cheerleader outfits. L is for lighting. The lighting used was lots of bright lighting no gloomy lighting or lots of shadows. A is for actors. There was a whole lot of people and crowds used for the production of this music video, and Gwen Stefani did star in it. M is for makeup. The makeup that was used was very intense 2000s vibes like red lipstick, dark eyes, and thin eyebrows. P is for props. The props that were used were lots of Pom poms, band equipment, signs, and a car. Some of the shots that were inputted was of Stefani singing and dancing in the front of a car. S if for setting. There were multiple settings used in the Hollaback girl music video. It was shot in the street, on a school campus, and in a grocery store. The camera angles and shots that were used were lots of low angles, eye level shots, medium shots, medium close ups, and tracking shots. The sound is obviously upbeat music. The editing that was used isn’t very extravagant there aren’t any transitions one scene just cuts to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...