Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Day

  Hello! Today it was my group and I’s first full official day of editing. Last class period our teachers let us start up with our editing but my group had a late start. Our computers weren’t working. We didn’t have all of our footage on the right computer. Everything was lagging, it was pretty stressful. But eventually we were able to transfer all of our footage on to the lap top we were working on. We selected the clips that we knew we wanted and put them in order on our track. We knew some specific ideas of what we wanted to incorporate such as a bell sound at the beginning. I found out to inset this effect we needed to use a YouTube to MP3 converter so we went online to search for one. We had the link of the sound we wanted but unfortunately none of the converters were working so we just saved what we had so we saved it on our flash drive and knew it was ok becuase we still had time and didn’t have much left to do.
  As soon as we walked into class today we got our laptop and signed in and opened up Pinnacle Studios. There was a whole bunch of other peoples mixed up footage and it was super messy so to start fresh I just opened up a new folder for a new movie. My footage was already imported so I dragged them down again and watched it all the way through. I thought it was good but it needed some adjustments in terms of timing. Our endings of each clip ran a little long in the same pose which made the commercial go into over time. So what I did was take them each individually and trim them a bit to where it needed to be. Then I put them back together to watch it through. I have never edited on Pinnacle Studios before so it was definitely a learning experience to figure out how to use all of the applications. When I put them all in one I was relieved that it came out to 30 seconds just as our teacher wanted. Our timing was perfect. Now that that portion was done we decided to move on to effects we wanted to added and remembered about the bell we were thinking about. We looked in the provided sound effects but unfortunately couldn’t find what we needed so we decided to download it ourselves.
  We went to YouTube and searched up school bell ringing to use in the first five seconds so it didn’t look or sound awkward. Then we kept trying to find a website that would allow us to convert it to an MP3. Finally we did and were able to download it. Then I imported and it attached it to the track below the first 5 second clip. It fit perfectly and looked exactly how we wanted. We all watched it back once more and decided that we liked the way it flowed and looked. I made sure we were all happy with how it looked. Then I clicked to start the export. I exported and saved it onto our flash drive and double checked to make sure it was there. Then we were finally able to send it to our class email. My group and I were very satisfied with how ours turned it. Our costumes looked good and the  Mcdoanlds logo was present the whole time and over all when edited looked pretty professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...