Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

   Hello I’m Alex and I’m now in my second semester of being in my AICE Media class. My group, which has been consistent of myself, Avalon, Morgan, and Jake have already grown as media students by experiencing working on our past two projects. I’m very excited to now begin the the next one. We have to create the opening of an original movie, which sounds like it’s going to be very fun to create. It’s going to be different than anything I’ve worked on before but I can’t wait to start the first steps of the project. AICE Media is one of three AICE classes that I am taking this year and is by far my favorite. It’s such a creative space where I get to work on really interesting assignments and create pieces of film instead of boring book work. I find the field of Media extremely intriguing and could definitely see myself doing something relating to Media. I’ve was interesting in editing for a while and recently got into videography for concerts. Which if I got serious about, having taken media would be very useful.
   Through the past 18 weeks I’ve learned so much and my knowledge about media in general has expanded a lot. Going into the class I didn’t know much more than the average. I’ve learned lots of important terms used in the business. Such as different type of angles and shots. I learned about mis en scene and how to point the different parts just by watching an extract. I learned about synergy and different techniques media companies use to get their products out and successful. I’ve also learned more about editing effects and how they are achieved. I’m eager to learn more about editing and different ways to edit to make my projects even better. Through being in this class and creating my group’s commercial and music video I also learned a lot about what it means and how it feels to direct. I loved directing and be able to make a vision into a reality. I cant wait to gain more talents in media as the year goes on.
  For this final task, the opening of a movie, my group needs to present a pitch. A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. We came up with three different pitches. Our first pitch is a movie about a women walking out of the mall into the parking garage and walks past a car and sees a girl inside that was kidnapped and gory looking and goes over to see if she’s okay and attempts to call for 911 when the killer comes up behind to take her as well. Our second pitch is about someone who has a horrific dream about bad things happening and wakes up to realize that they will actually begin to start happening. Our third and last pitch is a classic murder mystery about someone who is killed a group of their friends find a clue and begin a journey to figure out who did it. We kept them in same genre of horror because we believed it would be easiest and the most fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...