Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Day

Hey! Today was our filming day for our commercial for media. We only had 1 class period to film everything and get back to class in enough time to dump everything in our folder on our computer to edit during next class. I was nervous about getting everything done in time and completing what we need but my group and I actually did very well on time management. Our story board was also very specific and detailed so it really helped our filming run smoothly. We had a very clear vision of what we wanted ours to look like and even brought special props like a Mcdoanlds happy meal and Ronald McDonald costume to make it resemble a real commercial as much as possible. My teachers were very excited when they saw how much effort we put into our commercial. Overall I had a really good time filming. I thought it was a great experience and practice for future projects in that class. I cant wait to see how it comes together.
When class began be checked out all of our equipment, the camera, sd card, and tripod. Then I helped Ava put on her clown face makeup, after we had everything set up my group and I carried all of our stuff down to the senior patio where we planned to film and it ended up being the perfect place to film with no issues. We took shots that went along with our story board and took each of them 3 times to be safe. Then we watched them back to make sure the timing was what we needed and checked to see if we needed any changes. For the most part we sticked to our storyboard plan and throughout filming my group and I shared ideas as to what would be best to do. For instance in our 4th box we had planned to do the whole 6 seconds with an over the shoulder shot but then we decided it would be better if we first shot me and my reaction to Ava as Ronald coming in and then we shot an over the shoulder shot. And for our last 6 seconds we had planned just me being in the shot to say the slogan but then we decided it would look better if both Ava and I were in it together. At that moment we also came up with the idea to put the jingle tune in the background. I acted the whole time and Ava did as well while Morgan and Jake worked with the camera and directing. We all worked really well together.
After the filming was done we sat down and went through all of our footage. We made sure we had at least one video for every box that was perfect. Then we looked and checked to make sure the timing matched up to what we needed. Thankfully we didn’t have to much reshooting. Afterwards we packed up all of our stuff and headed back to the room. Ava and I went to wash off her face makeup and Jake and Morgan went to the room to return our equipment. When we were all back together we got our sd card reader and took that with our sd card and put it into the computer. And just like Ms. M told us we made a folder for our group and highlighted all of our footage and dumped it into our folder and checked to make sure it was there. Then we were done. I was super content with how our project was going so far, I feel like we did a really good job and editing it is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

         A common element that my group’s short film Possessed took part in was the representation of a certain social group and social issu...